We're hiring a Trusts and Foundations fundraiser
Role: Trusts & Foundations Fundraiser
Location: Fulham & Hybrid
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
We are a young, growing and ambitious charity that is looking for an all-rounder to help propel us into our next chapter. This is a new role in FRBC which is expanded our fundraising team thanks to the brilliant work of our Fundraising Manager over the past two years. You will have a minimum of five years’ experience in donor fundraising, leading a specific campaign or equivalent. You are a strategic thinker and effective networker with a strong track record of personally soliciting and securing major gifts.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire, enthuse, persuade, influence and motivate current and potential donors. You will be able to work on your own initiative, as well as displaying strong team working skills. You will be motivated by high-quality completion, with the ability to remain focused and work under pressure within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
About the Role
The post holder will be responsible for helping develop and deliver a comprehensive fundraising strategy, case for support and implementation plan for the charity with the intention of successfully raising in the region of £0.5m per year. The post-holder will be responsible for identifying, cultivating and engaging a prospect pool with sufficient capacity to deliver the campaign. The post-holder will lead an integrated fundraising approach securing significant gifts small to medium sized grants & trusts as well as leading our Friends of FRBC regular giving scheme. The post-holder will work to ensure that each donor has an excellent experience, receiving effective communication and stewardship in order to build long term relationships with Fulham Reach Boat Club.
• Assist the Fundraising Manager in developing and delivering a plan to generate a fundraising target of c.£0.5m per year.
• Using local intelligence, networks and insight, to raise the profile, awareness and engagement with Fulham Reach Boat Club in the local area.
• Commission internal research to develop a detailed knowledge of possible prospects.
• Work internally with colleagues to map and introduce existing networks of supporters who may have an interest in Fulham Reach Boat Club.
• Lead and manage the Friends of FRBC regular giving scheme.
• Develop relationships and apply for funding with qualified Trust and Foundations and further develop relationships with existing Trust partners to continue their support.
• Encourage key stakeholders to facilitate introductions to peers and to help solicit major gifts.
• Engage, initiate and maintain an appropriate and consistent level of contact, either personally or working through a nominated volunteer, with each donor or prospect in an agreed portfolio.
• Create a calendar of relevant and exciting engagement, recognition and stewardship events.
• Develop and manage a robust and creative cultivation plan for each prospect.
• Thank and recognise donors immediately, in accordance with Fulham Reach Boat Club’s donor care policy.
• Ensure that the database is always maintained recording actions, approaches, prospect plans, solicitations and pledge activity.
• Brief and support senior managers, key volunteers and stakeholders in advance of meetings with donors or prospects in the post holder’s portfolio and ensure that follow up is completed.
• Uncover local intelligence on potential opportunities for driving income across relevant income streams.
• Capture and store prospect and donor information in accordance with Fulham Reach Boat Club’s policies and procedures, codes of practice, the Fundraising Regulator, Data protection and GDPR.
• Produce, maintain and record a healthy pipeline of income; complete monthly forecasts and reforecasts.
• Deliver successful presentations and materials.
Essential skills and experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience.
• At least five years’ experience in donor fundraising.
• Experience of working to and delivering fundraising targets.
• Experience of setting and working with budgets.
• Proven experience of working with wealthy and influential individuals. Confident and personable, able to put others at ease and comfortable in the arena of major gift work.
• Ability to manage a project effectively changing tack as required or seeking additional opportunities.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Proven strategic planning skills and excellent organisational and administrative skills.
• Proficient in the use of CRM Databases including Insightly.
• Excellent writing style and skills, including experience of writing successful fundraising applications, proposals and appeals – strong IT and presentation skills.
• Resilient, determined, professional, friendly and resourceful, evidencing creativity and innovation.
• Able to manage frequent interruptions and prioritise a constantly changing workload.
• Experience of Trust and Foundation applications essential.
• Experience of volunteer management and working with Boards desirable.
This role is full-time and is hybrid working. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] by Friday 14th October.