we're hiring - operations coordinator
Job Title (Location) - Operations Coordinator (London)
Salary - £25,000 - £28,000
Annual Leave - 24 days plus 8 Bank Holidays for full-time hours
Reports to - Boathouse Manager
Direct Reports - N/A
Fulham Reach Boat Club is an award-wining charity which exists to create a world where there is Rowing for All. We do this by opening up access to rowing for all in our community, especially those who are most in need because of financial hardship or social circumstance. We believe rowing helps realise full potential not just through the physical benefits but by developing confidence, resilience, communication and team working skills applicable both on and off the water.
Specifically, we are aiming to:
• Help reduce the reoffending rate of serving prisoners through access to indoor and outdoor rowing clubs.
• Give every pupil in our participating state schools the opportunity to learn to row and compete whilst teaching them the true meaning of teamwork, focus and confidence.
• Deliver access to the river for the local community with our fun, friendly and flexible club environment.
• Tackle ‘Holiday Hunger’ during the summer break for those children most in need.
About the Post Holder
We are a young, growing and ambitious charity that is looking for an all-rounder to help propel us into our next chapter. This is a newly created role within FRBC and is needed to help manage the day-to-day rowing operations out of our site in Fulham. You will have a minimum of two years’ experience in the world of sport and ideally within rowing or a water-based sport. You will be the sort of person that thinks like a team player, has the desire to open-up access to rowing and is not afraid to break away from the traditional way of doing things.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire, enthuse, persuade, influence and motivate those around you. You will be able to work on your own initiative, as well as displaying strong team working skills. You will be motivated by doing high-quality work and have the ability to remain focused and work under pressure within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for increasing and managing the bookings for the site particularly, new course participants and private coaching and using our data collection methods to report back on the number of participants. This role will also be responsible for assisting to manage the club’s fleet of boats and the facility from which we operate. You will also be responsible for creating and developing relationships with new and existing clients.
• Secure bookings for rowing sessions and courses
• Build and develop relationships with FRBC client groups
• Assist with the maintenance of the club’s boat fleet and buildings
• Assist with managing the data recording methods and report preparation
• Be the face of the charity for new enquiries whether that be by phone, email or in person
Essential skills and experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
• At least two years’ experience in sport (rowing experience and knowledge is preferable but not essential)
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Resilient, determined, professional, friendly and resourceful, evidencing creativity and innovation
• Able to manage frequent interruptions and prioritise a constantly changing workload
To submit your application please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Friday 24th June 2022.