We are hiring a new Community Head Coach
About Fulham Reach Boat Club
Fulham Reach Boat Club is an award-winning charity which exists to create an inclusive world where there is Rowing for All. We do this by opening up access to rowing for all in our community, especially those who are most in need because of financial hardship or social circumstances. We believe rowing helps realise full potential not just through the physical benefits but by developing confidence, resilience, communication and teamwork skills applicable both on and off the water.
Specifically, we are aiming to:
· Create access to rowing across the community for adults and young people.
· Help reduce the reoffending rate of serving prisoners through access to indoor and outdoor rowing clubs.
· Give every pupil in our participating state schools the opportunity to learn to row and compete whilst teaching them the true meaning of teamwork, focus and confidence.
· Deliver access to the river for the local community with our fun, friendly and flexible club environment.
· Provide hoilday opportunities for children most in need.
About the Post Holder
We are a young, growing and ambitious charity that is looking for an all-round coach and community hero to help propel us into our next chapter. We will invest in your development and experience to help you excel in this role to take our charity to new heights and help transform our sport. We are looking for someone who is passionate about opening access to rowing and can show a clear commitment to helping our rowers enjoy the sport.
You will have three years’ experience in coaching at a rowing club or school. You will be the sort of person who thinks like a team player, has the desire to open up access to rowing and is not afraid to break away from the traditional way of doing things.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire, enthuse, persuade, influence, and motivate those around you. You will be able to work on your own initiative, as well as display strong teamwork skills. You will be highly organised and able to manage your time efficiently and effectively.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for ensuring that our adult community groups take part in safe, inclusive and enjoyable sessions throughout the year as well as making sure we attend key races and engage in events to help build and grow our charity impact.
The role is central to coaching and delivery of our adult membership, learn-to-row courses, private coaching, corporate rowing, and volunteering. With the potential for some involvement with Boats Not Bars in club delivery. Working hours are flexible around the programme schedule and occasional travel is required to races or challenge events.
The role will involve a mix of training programme development, product development, communications and stakeholder management, as well as on-water and on-land training coaching delivery time. The role is a very visible role within FRBC and as such the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate how their own values align with our vision of ‘Rowing for All’.
· Generous company pension
· Free use of FRBC gym, equipment and facilities
· Access to FRBC learning and development, alongside a community of 40 professional coaches
· Opportunities to complete additional career development courses
· Hybrid working environment and laptop
· FRBC social events throughout the year.
£33,000 - £37,500 depending on experience and qualifications.
· Deliver safe, inclusive, and enjoyable sessions to the adult community groups at FRBC
· Prepare a water and land training programme for adults with a wide range of abilities, from beginner through to those more experienced
· Be the key contact for all membership, courses, coaching and volunteering enquiries
· Support with managing our customer database
· Lead a team of session coaches on the water
· Opportunities to support the development of a Boats Not Bars rowing programme and potential adaptive rowing at FRBC
· Represent FRBC both internally and externally at certain events throughout the year.
Essential skills and experience
· Three year’s experience in a coaching at rowing club or school
· Level 2 Rowing Coaching qualification
· RYA Powerboat Level 2 and experience
· First Aid trained
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent organisational and administrative skills
· Resilient, determined, professional, friendly, and resourceful, evidencing creativity and innovation.
Desirable skills and experience
· Tideway coaching experience
· Trailer and towing experience
· Experience working with adults from diverse backgrounds
· Experience with volunteer management
· Level 2 Strength and Conditioning qualification
· Safeguarding Adults, and Safeguarding and Protecting Children certificates
· Mental Health First Aid trained.