Advice on Keeping warm
Some Tips For Keeping Warm during Cold Weather
By Coach Mel
- Wrap up warm with lots of layers, bring spare dry kit.
- Make sure you tell your coach if you are getting too cold (especially past the point of shivering or can’t feel your extremities / find them stinging).
- Try to minimise hanging around outside / keeping others waiting while boating.
- Spend some time warming up on land to prevent injury.
- Be mindful we will favour bigger boats for safety for a few reasons.
- Careful walking with boats / cycling as the ground could be slippy if there is ice.
Stay safe team!