We're hiring Rowing Coaches
About Fulham Reach Boat Club
Fulham Reach Boat Club is an award-winning charity which exists to create a world where there is Rowing for All. We do this by opening up access to rowing for all in our community, especially those who are most in need because of financial hardship or social circumstance. We believe rowing helps realise full potential not just through the physical benefits but by developing confidence, resilience, communication and team working skills applicable both on and off the water.
Specifically, we are aiming to:
• Help reduce the reoffending rate of serving prisoners through access to indoor and outdoor rowing clubs.
• Give every pupil in our participating state schools the opportunity to learn to row and compete whilst teaching them the true meaning of teamwork, focus and confidence.
• Deliver access to the river for the local community with our fun, friendly and flexible club environment.
• Tackle ‘Holiday Hunger’ during the summer break for those children most in need.
About the Role & Post Holder
Our team of rowing coaches are at the heart of everything we do. They are responsible for delivering safe and enjoyable sessions on the water for all the groups that use FRBC. You will have a minimum of two years’ experience in coaching rowing and ideally have your BR Level 2 qualification. You will have a desire to open-up access to rowing and are not afraid to break away from the traditional way of doing things.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire, enthuse, persuade, influence and motivate those around you. You will be able to work on your own initiative, as well as displaying strong team working skills. You will be motivated by bringing new people into the sport, with the ability to remain focused and work under pressure within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Deliver safe and enjoyable sessions for all users of FRBC
• Provide a welcoming environment to those trying rowing for the first time
• Use our impact measurement tool to capture all required data from the sessions
• Ensure coaching quality standards are maintained for all delivered sessions
• Ensure that the FRBC Safeguarding and RowSafe policies are always adhered to
Essential skills and experience
• At least two years’ experience in coaching rowing
• RYA Level 2 Powerboat
• British Rowing Level 2 Rowing Coaching
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Resilient, determined, professional, friendly and resourceful, evidencing creativity and innovation
• Able to safely manage sessions on the water
Salary: £20 p/h
Reports to: Junior Rowing Manager
If you would like to apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected].