we're hiring - Head adult coach
After four brilliant years leading the growth of our adult membership group, the amazing Georgia is now moving onto pastures new and so we are recruiting for her replacement.
We are a young, growing and ambitious charity that is looking for an all-rounder to help propel us into our next chapter. We are looking for someone that is passionate about opening access to rowing and can show a clear commitment to helping their rowers enjoy the sport.
You will have a minimum of two years’ experience in coaching a rowing club or squad. You will be the sort of person that thinks like a team player, has the desire to open-up access to rowing and is not afraid to break away from the traditional way of doing things.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire, enthuse, persuade, influence and motivate those around you. You will be able to work on your own initiative, as well as displaying strong team working skills. You will be motivated by doing high-quality work and have the ability to remain focused and work under pressure within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for ensuring that our adult members take part in safe and enjoyable sessions throughout the year as well as making sure we attend key races on the calendar. The role will also take the lead on the management of the membership database, ensuring all joiners and leavers are accurately recorded.
Finally, it will manage all the internal communications to the membership via the established channels. This is a very visible role within FRBC and as such the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate how their own values align with our vision of ‘Rowing for All’.
• Deliver safe and enjoyable sessions to the adult members at FRBC
• Be the key contact for all membership enquiries
• Manage the membership database
• Lead a team of assistant coaches on the water
• Represent FRBC both internally and externally at certain events throughout the year
Essential skills and experience
• At least two years’ experience in coaching a rowing club or squad
• British Rowing L2 Coach
• RYA L2 Powerboat
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Resilient, determined, professional, friendly and resourceful, evidencing creativity and innovation
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected].
Applicaitons will close on Friday 26th August.