we're hiring for a boathouse manager
Job Title (Location): Boathouse Manager - London
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 DOE
Annual Leave: 24 days plus 8 Bank Holidays for full-time hours
Reports to: COO
Direct Reports: c. 12 P/T Coaches
About Fulham Reach Boat Club
Fulham Reach Boat Club is an award-wining charity which exists to create a world where there is Rowing for All. We do this by opening up access to rowing for all in our community, especially those who are most in need because of financial hardship or social circumstance. We believe rowing helps realise full potential not just through the physical benefits but by developing confidence, resilience, communication and team working skills applicable both on and off the water.
Specifically, we are aiming to:
• Help reduce the reoffending rate of serving prisoners through access to indoor and outdoor rowing clubs.
• Give every pupil in our participating state schools the opportunity to learn to row and compete whilst teaching them the true meaning of teamwork, focus and confidence.
• Deliver access to the river for the local community with our fun, friendly and flexible club environment.
• Tackle ‘Holiday Hunger’ during the summer break for those children most in need.
About the Post Holder
We are a young, growing and ambitious charity that is looking for an all-rounder to help propel us into our next chapter. This is a newly created role within FRBC and is needed to help lead and manage the day-to-day rowing operations out of our site in Fulham. You will have a minimum of five years’ experience in the world of sport and ideally within a leadership position. You are a strategic thinker driven by the desire to open-up access to rowing and are not afraid to break away from the traditional way of doing things.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire, enthuse, persuade, influence and motivate those around you. You will be able to work on your own initiative, as well as displaying strong team working skills. You will be motivated by high-quality completion, with the ability to remain focused and work under pressure within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for managing the fleet of 41 boats, the facility that we operate from and team of coaches who deliver the sessions. You will need to ensure that every piece of equipment is safe to use and is properly maintained. You will also manage all of the bookings for the site whether that be from schools, new course participants or 1:1s and use our data collection methods to report back on the number of participants. This role will be one of the key leadership roles at FRBC as you will be responsible for line-managing around 12 active coaches on the water at any one time. This is a big role with a lot of responsibility and as such we are looking for an exceptional individual who is looking to take the next step in their career.
• Pro-active and re-active maintenance of a 41 boat fleet
• Pro-active and re-active maintenance of the building we operate from
• Secure bookings for sessions out on the water and schedule the coaching time
• Build relationships with regular user groups of FRBC
• Develop the coaching and training structure at FRBC
• Manage the data recording methods and report back on site use
• Be the face of the charity for new enquiries whether that be by phone, email or in person
Essential skills and experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
• Fleet or building management
• At least five years’ experience in sport and ideally within a leadership position (rowing experience and knowledge is preferable but not essential)
• Experience of setting and working with budgets
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• A demonstratable leadership style
• Proven strategic planning skills and excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Resilient, determined, professional, friendly and resourceful, evidencing creativity and innovation
• Able to manage frequent interruptions and prioritise a constantly changing workload
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. Closing date for applications is Friday 18th Feb.