We're hiring a Junior Rowing Manager
About Fulham Reach Boat Club
Fulham Reach Boat Club is an award-winning charity which exists to create a world where there is Rowing for All. We do this by opening up access to rowing for all in our community, especially those who are most in need because of financial hardship or social circumstance. We believe rowing helps realise full potential not just through the physical benefits but by developing confidence, resilience, communication and team working skills applicable both on and off the water.
Specifically, we are aiming to:
• Help reduce the reoffending rate of serving prisoners through access to indoor and outdoor rowing clubs.
• Give every pupil in our participating state schools the opportunity to learn to row and compete whilst teaching them the true meaning of teamwork, focus and confidence.
• Deliver access to the river for the local community with our fun, friendly and flexible club environment.
• Tackle ‘Holiday Hunger’ during the summer break for those children most in need.
About the Post Holder
We are a young, growing and ambitious charity that is looking for an all-rounder to help propel us into our next chapter. This is a newly created role within FRBC and is needed to help lead our growing school participation and junior membership, including the Bursary scheme. You will have a minimum of five years’ experience in coaching junior rowing and within a leadership position. You are a strategic thinker driven by the desire to open-up access to rowing and are not afraid to break away from the traditional way of doing things.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire, enthuse, persuade, influence and motivate those around you. You will be able to work on your own initiative, as well as displaying strong team working skills. You will be motivated by high-quality completion, with the ability to remain focused and work under pressure within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
About the Role
This role will lead and oversee all the juniors that come through the doors at FRBC and give them a well thought through pathway at the beginning of their journey into rowing. It’s not a coaching role, but you will be leading the coaching team and ensuring that they have everything they need to deliver the sessions. You will also be responsible for managing the pathway from school participation through to regular rowing sessions. You will have overall responsibility for the junior membership including the Bursary scheme. Crucially, you will also be in charge of the reporting required to demonstrate the impact that rowing is having on these young people’s lives. In terms of numbers, you will be responsible for approximately 1,000 juniors a year safely accessing the sport. We are looking for an exceptional individual who is looking to take the next step in their career.
• Oversee safe and enjoyable rowing sessions for 1,000 juniors per year
• Manage a team of approx. 12 coaches and schedule their coaching delivery
• Lead the impact reporting for all junior rowers using FRBC
• Be the key contact for each of our participating schools and junior members
• Ensure coaching quality standards are set and maintained for all delivered sessions
• Ensure that the FRBC Safeguarding and RowSafe policies are always adhered to
• Manage the Bursary Scheme and ensure that a transparent pathway exists for Juniors to move from participation to regular attendance
Essential skills and experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
• At least five years’ experience in coaching junior rowing and within a leadership position
• Experience of setting and working with budgets
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• A demonstratable leadership style
• Proven strategic planning skills and excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Resilient, determined, professional, friendly and resourceful, evidencing creativity and innovation
• Able to manage frequent interruptions and prioritise a constantly changing workload
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 DOE
Reports to: COO
Direct Reports: c. 12 P/T Coaches
If you would like to apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected].
Closing Date: 14th May 2021