FRBC and Coronavirus Update
At the time of writing the UK Chief Medical Officers have classified the risk of Coronavirus to the UK population as High. Please see the below steps we all need to take on site to ensure we limit any potential spread of the infection:
1) Wash boats and oar handles down thoroughly after every session
2) Wipe down all gym equipment, especially all handles, after every session
3) WASH YOUR HANDS, before and after every session
4) Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
5) Put used tissues in the bin immediately
We have hand sanitisers in the boat bay and gym as well as soap and paper towels in the changing rooms and club room.
The latest Government advice as at 16th March says,
"staff, young people and children should stay at home if they are unwell with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature to avoid spreading infection to others. Otherwise they should attend education or work as normal."
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital but begin a 7 day self-isloation if you have these symptons. If your condition deteriorates or you still have sypmtons after seven days call NHS 111 in the first instance.
To confirm, FRBC is being led by Government advice and is still open as normal. Should this change for any reason we will publish it on our website first and then communicate out to all of our users via email and our digital platforms.